Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hello and welcome!

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog! After much encouragement (and by that I really mean prodding) from my veg and non-veg friends, I finally decided to take the plunge and start my own blog about the veg lifestyle and all things veg!

This blog is intended for vegans, vegetarians, veg-curious, and their supportive family and friends. I will be posting tips (anything from what ingredients are actually vegan to how to handle questions about your lifestyle), restaurant recommendations, veg events of interest, resources, and anything else related to vegetarianism/veganism. I'll also be happy to answer questions - even those questions you normally might be too embarrassed to ask!

So who am I and what makes me qualified to write this blog? I am a gluten-free vegan (vegiac) who tends to lean toward a raw-food diet. I became vegetarian when I was 13 and have been vegan for almost 5 years. I've also been gluten-free for 2 years now. I run Adventures in Veganland, a social group for veggies and veg-curious folks, which you can find on Facebook. I also travel extensively and seek out raw and vegan restaurants wherever I go.

For my fellow veggies, I hope I can provide you with the recommendations and resources you desire. For all the others, I hope I can answer some of your questions and help you develop a better understanding and appreciation of the veg lifestyle.

Wishing you good health and peas,

VeggiePatti

No comments:

Post a Comment